4 Jun 2012

Recklinghausen Fringe Festival and A Strange Wild Song

Hey Ho!

My second blog post today. Enter Recklinghausen ...


As some of you might already know I have been working for the wonderful Rhum & Clay Theatre Company on the illustration/ design of their new show poster for 'A Strange Wild Song'.
Rhum & Clay Theatre was born at L'École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques Lecoq in Paris in 2010. The company comprises of Christopher Harrisson, Julian Spooner and Matthew Wells.


What is in room 83? It's Rhum and Clay!
Last week and the week previously the boys were performing their old show 'Shutterland' in my home country of Germany at the Recklinghausen Fringe Festival.




I flew over to join the troop for moral support, sunshine and a break away from my own work and life and London. After two sleepless nights and days working for a client I dragged my sorry self to the airport at stupid a clock in the morning but the sun was shining and I was ready for anything.


I spend the days lying in the sun after gorgeous green tress, ate some yummy German food and even had the pleasure of meeting a donkey and some goats, monkeys and budgies in Recklinghausen's Tier Garten in the Stadtpark.



Shutterland was brilliantly performed and well received and the boys left their final show with a standing ovation.

I also had the pleasure of bumping into Camille O'Sullivan's show 'Feel' that was filled with heartbreaking, beautiful songs only her voice could transform into an entirely new experience.


Rhum and Clay are now deep into working on their new show 'A Strange Wild Song' that will be performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival from the 3rd-25th August. The set is design and built by the talented Alberta Jones and part of it came to London today and I had a chance to take a peek already and loving it ;-)


To help them fund this brilliant venture you can donate a pound or three or whatever you can give here at WeFund. We would really appreciate it and hopefully see you there! There is only about 16h left to do this so please hurry ;-)


Here is a preview of the poster and all the details you need to catch up with Rhum and Clay, their processes and news.

Rhum and Clay Facebook
Rhum and Clay Rehearsal blog
www.rhumandclay.com

Bye x Sani x





5 comments:

xx said...

hey Sandra, the poster is amazing. congrats, such a beautiful project!

● Sandra Dieckmann Illustration ● said...

Hey Karolina!

Thanks so much. It's been really fun working on the poster and the boys are a great bunch to be around ;-)

Unknown said...

I flew over to join the troop for moral support, sunshine and a break away from my own work and life and London. After two sleepless nights and days working for a client...tree nursery

Unknown said...

Don't ask me the name of the flower. I have trouble telling the difference between sunflowers and tulips. Trees For Sale

Unknown said...

I flew over to join the troop for moral support, sunshine and a break away from my own work and life and London. After two sleepless nights and days working for a clientTennessee Wholesale Nursery