11 Jun 2011

Some things last a long time ...

...  and some things last a lifetime.


I have loved this song by Daniel Johnston for many many years. It means a lot to me and I'm sure as well to other people. I watched him live  in London last year and it really was one of these moments when time stood still. I think Daniel is an inspiration to all of us. A pure heart.
If you have never heard or seen any of his music or art then start by watching the documentary "The Devil and Daniel Johnston". 
I started hand-lettering the quote in the evening and now it is 4:15 a.m ... I must have listen to the song 30 times over and completely gotten stuck in the moment. Nice.
You can find more colour variations :: here ::


Find the song here :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN1Bw8cin7A



1 comment:

Gerlin said...

Oh Sani!!!! You totally touched my heart with this one. That song is so so beautiful and when I saw what you made it into I just got goosebumps. Absolutely beautiful! You talented lady! I love you! Also have to say I'm a big fan of all the patterns you've been doing lately. Amazing amazing amazing!