27 Oct 2008

Project 3 process and final mock up

I think I have come a long way since I started my experimentation and "The man who laughs" book Illustration has finally taken shape after changing my mind again and again.
Here are some of the photos and scanns guiding you through my process and final outcome ;-)








I decided that the initial grin was to self satisfied and related to closely to images of Batman's joker.
So I modeled a new mouth on a photo of a forced grin of my own mouth.
It's more gritty and suits the protagonists story and character much better.
Below you can see the final mock up of the book.
The type was written with my typewriter to keep a collage feel and tie the illustration together with the information given.


























the typewriter on my desk and the final book mock up





No comments: