19 Mar 2012

Space for Imagination

This month I have had the wonderful opportunity to accept a whole lot of projects and commissions that have enabled and pushed me to leave my position at the RSPCA. I'm sad to go in many ways but also excited about what lies ahead. Thank you all so much for your continued interest and support! Going full time freelance I wanted to reorder my creative space and have spend a few days changing and organising my work and studio room to make room for painting, drawing and thinking. Considering I will spend most of my time in solitude (minus my intern that will join me every Friday from next month on) it was really important to make this space feel open and airy and turned into a heaven that I enjoy being in.


These are some photographs of my studio space in March 2012.




more photos ...



























13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love how you organized your workspace, it is very inspiring, and love that you have your artwork, to keep inspired and be proud of.

zillustration said...

Very nice work area! What direction is the light from? I would be concerned having sunlight beaming directly into my drawing area a odd hours.

Annarack said...

LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

● Sandra Dieckmann Illustration ● said...

Hello! Thank You guys. It won't stay organised for very long ;-) The light is coming from the left which is good as I'm right handed and it's not too intense anyways. There is a choice of three tables anyway. One right by the window which I might use for painting soon. x

Laura said...

Lovely to peek into your space - and do I spot Burglar Bill on the shelves? I loved that book as a child!

Congrats on going fulltime freelance too, i am about to embark on my *first* freelance project, am a little nervous..

Mya.L said...

Is that really the same place I saw a few weeks ago?! I'm gobsmacked! Wanna come and tidy up my place now???

Jess Heath MUFX said...

As I said on Instagram, it looks fantastic! Very jealous of your nice, organised work area. Mine is always quite a shambles.

http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

Niki said...

i'm seriously in love with your studio. so jealous ;)
~niki <3
http://youngandimmortal.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

I love your studio! My favourite part is the sofa (great cushions!) and how you're decorated the wall behind it.

Unknown said...

Well done on going freelance full-time :) I'm sure you'll have many lovely productive days in such a pretty studio! x

● Sandra Dieckmann Illustration ● said...

Laura, yes it is Burglar Bill and Mya yes it's exactly the same space you came to see. I have worked really hard but now I need to draw so no time to do yours as well ;-) Everybody Thank You all so much. We should definitely all have tea and coffee and cake here x

Magpie said...

What a lovely studio, and such a nice blog! So great to read that you can start working full time with illustrations. A while back I bought a couple of prints from you, and I love them!

Poppi said...

You're spirit *is*

Sincere thanks from Melbourne, Australia for creating such wonderful, beautiful homages to the animal kingdom, <3