22 May 2011

Fox Tree

Today I finished my Fox Tree.
It's my entry to the Cheltenham Illustration awards in the Emerging Talent category.
The subject this year was Tree Time Tales.

Little Fox is remembering his mother, wrapped in her scarf. The soil feeds the tree that has been there for so long. It has been watching generations of foxes come by and has all the memories engraved in his bark like a totem pole. The circle of life continues.

Guys, I'm so tired I can't believe it. Well I can actually. Moving house, loads of work and so on.
I will soon be posting pictures of my new studio space ... it is really wonderful!

All the best xxx


10 comments:

Daria Hlazatova said...

Sandra, this is fantastic! such a happy fox ;) adore your patterns!!x

Mya.L said...

You had better things to do than replying to my silly messages! It is beautiful, I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you!

● Sandra Dieckmann Illustration ● said...

Thank you you two ;-) I'm knackered! Hahaha

Maria Bogade said...

Oh this is wonderful, Sandra! Drück dir die Daumen!!! Aber eigentlich eh schon ein Gewinner!! Ich finde deine Gedanken und Ideen zu dem Bild sehr schön! x

Phara said...

Truly inspiring, I think I like this one the most so far :)
X

Red said...

I have all my fingers crossed for you. This is an amazing piece to enter, no doubt you will do amazingly

Unknown said...

yay- so pretty!

● Sandra Dieckmann Illustration ● said...

Danke Danke! Thank You! Yes fingers crossed ;-)

bcrane said...

Really amazing! I don't know how you do it :) fantastic work every time!

Gabriella said...

l o v e !